The Content Coordinator develops, writes and edits emails and blogs that demonstrate the ASPCA’s efforts on behalf of animals and motivate the public to take action. The Content Coordinator also will be responsible for assisting the Content Director in the planning and maintenance of online and offline content for various Member Communications materials—including the website, social media, e-Marketing campaigns and ASPCA Action.
- Write, edit and proofread fundraising emails, blogs, web content and print articles.
- Work with the Web, Editorial and Creative teams to create content for ASPCA.org and ASPCA Parents.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of content production by applying house style guidelines to all written materials.
- Liaison between ASPCA Program staff and Member Communications teams to integrate programmatic messages into the Marketing calendar.
- Assist with accurate gathering of data and facts from multiple departments and field members.
- Assist with organizing member submissions/success stories.
- Work with the Media & Communications team to adapt press releases and share contacts to write and report on animal news for a general audience.
- Provide writing and editorial support to supervisor on a variety of projects, including drafting text for fundraising emails and other e-Marketing copy needs.
- Participate in departmental meetings and works cross-functionally with other members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 3 years’ writing/editing experience at a nonprofit or online publication, preferably in an office or professional environment
- Experience writing fundraising copy and knowledge of online fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of Internet resources
- Knowledge of standard proofreaders’ marks
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to follow and keep abreast of animal welfare events and developments around the country
- Knowledgeable of website usability best practices.
- Knowledgeable of email marketing best practices.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to craft a strong story that motivates the public to take action
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Strong work ethic and sense of initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines and work quickly under pressure
- Ability to learn basic content management system (CMS)
- Strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to cooperate with various departments and personalities
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% Animal hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.