At the ASPCA, we care deeply about our people and their pets!
Our employees’ health and well-being is a fundamental concern to the ASPCA. We have designed our benefits package to exceed industry norms and provide our employees and their dependents with exceptionally competitive and comprehensive benefits.
Health & Wellness:
We recognize the importance of health and wellness to our employees and their families.
- Medical: The ASPCA offers three plan options for medical coverage administered by Cigna. Our employees in Urbana, IL, receive coverage through Health Alliance. All medical plans offer prescription drug coverage.
- Dental: The ASPCA offers two plan options (one of which is fully funded by the ASPCA) for dental coverage through Guardian Dental.
- Vision: Coverage is available to all full-time, non-union employees and dependents.
- Ancillary: The ASPCA offers life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care: The ASPCA offers a pre-tax savings account that allows employees to set aside a specified amount of money for certain healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- Wellness: There are several wellness programs available to ASPCA employees, including those offered by WellworksForYou, Cigna and FEI Behavioral Health. Employees have access to telephonic health coaches, wellness challenges and fitness and nutrition resources.
- Paid Time Off: Two to five weeks paid vacation based on length of service
- Part-Time Employees receive paid time off on a pro-rata basis according to the number of hours they work, upon completing 12 months of service
- Company Holidays: Seven paid national holidays each year. (Employees covered by collective bargaining agreements should consult their current contract for a discussion of benefits under this policy)
- Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
Preparing for the Future:
- 401(k) Plan: A pre-tax savings plan with matching contributions from the ASPCA (Safe Harbor Match and Discretionary Employer Contribution)
Miscellaneous Benefits and Perks:
- Same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partner medical, dental and vision coverage with ASPCA-required documentation.
- TransitChek – pre-tax deductions for commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount on Pet Health Insurance
- 50% Discount on veterinary care services at the ASPCA Animal Hospital
- Discount on Broadway shows, concerts, sporting events and more through Plum Benefits
- Subaru VIP Partnership Program
- Company Picnic – Annual themed event catering to staff and families!
- Halloween “Take your Dog to Work Day” – a costume contest for employees and their pets
- Annual Holiday Party