Interns are a valued and integral part of the ASPCA. Our interns’ dedication to animal welfare concerns and their work on various projects are invaluable to our mission! We are committed to the professional development of interns and strive to provide them with a quality learning environment so to they acquire and develop the skills necessary for job placement and advancement in the animal welfare field.
Departments that have had successfully participated in the ASPCA Internship program include: ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH), Adoption Center, Information Technology Group (ITG), Field Investigations & Response (FIR), Cruelty Intervention Advocacy (CIA), Community Outreach, Media & Communications, Social Media, Government Relations, Finance, Internal Audit and Legal.
Internship Program Objectives:
- Increase awareness and promote the values and mission of the ASPCA
- Develop and improve individual marketability
- Provide networking opportunities and expose individuals to career options within animal welfare and infrastructure teams
- Hone professional skills required for job placement
- Develop life-long animal welfare advocates and professionals