Español » 
We’re so glad you’re considering adopting from the ASPCA Adoption Center. Our wonderful adoptable dogs  and adoptable cats  would love to meet you! If you’re ready to add a furry family member, we invite you to pay a visit to our clean, bright and welcoming facility, located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Hours and Location
Mon-Sat: 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.*
Sun: 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.*
As hours are subject to change, please call (212) 876-7700 ext. 4120 to confirm.
*To allow us to finalize your adoption process on the same day, please make sure you arrive at least 1 hour before our doors close.
Location: 424 E. 92nd St., New York City, NY 10128 (between 1st and York Aves.)
View Google Map » 
By Subway - take the 4, 5, or 6 train to 86th St. and walk toward First Ave. (or take M86 bus towards East until the last stop on 1st Ave and 92nd st.)
By Bus - Within two blocks from our location, you can find the following bus lines and stops - M15 Downtown: 2nd Ave - E 91st, M15 Uptown: 1st Ave - E 91 st, M31 From Clinton to Yorkville: Last stop at 1st Ave - E 91 st, M86 East bound: Last stop at 1st Ave - E 91 st.
By Car - There are several public parking garages in the area for drivers.
When you are ready to visit the 92nd Street ASPCA Adoption Center, please note the following to facilitate the adoption process:
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt.
- Please bring two forms of identification. A government issued photo ID (driver's license, state identification card, military ID, etc.) and proof of current address. (A telephone, utility or cable television bill qualifies.)
- You may be asked to provide one personal reference, reachable by phone.
- Dog adopters, we strongly encourage all members of your household to come to the Adoption Center to meet the new pet. If you already have a dog at home, it's a great idea to bring him or her along as well, so that our behavior counselors can help you find the dog who is best suited to your current dog.
- Be sure to check your building's policy relevant to pet ownership to avoid any landlord concerns.
- If you have any questions, please call the Adoption Desk at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4900.
- In most cases you can take your new pet home on the same day. Prepare your home  and check out our adoption tips  before you pay us a visit.
Download an Application
You can get a head-start on the adoption process by downloading and printing a dog or cat adopter survey. Simply fill out the surveys and bring them to our Adoption Center staff when you visit the shelter.
Benefits and Adoption Fees
The ASPCA Adoption Center offers you and your new animal companion the following:
- A leash and collar or cardboard pet carrier to help you bring your new companion animal home.
- Spay/neuter surgery, up-to-date vaccinations, registered microchip, heartworm testing, FeLV/FIV testing for cats and an overview of your pet's medical care.
- A certificate for free follow-up veterinary care and medical support at the ASPCA Animal Hospital (valid for 14 days after adoption).
- Literature and information about animal behavior and what to expect from your new pet.
- A collar with personalized identification tag.
- Cats over three years of age: FREE **
- Cats age four months to three years: $75.00 **
- Kittens up to four months: $125.00
- Dogs: $75 to $200* (smaller and younger dogs have higher adoption fees**); mandatory obedience classes for puppies are $50.00 for five classes.
*NYC residents will need to pay $8.50 for the DOH dog license.
**Some exceptions apply
Special Weekday Promotion: Cats one year and older: FREE (Monday through Friday only)